Standards & Audits
Not only do the WHA follow and exceed Government regulations, but they are also a part of influencing and innovating the next generation of standards.
The WHA ensures all members are audited annually to the highest standards in safety and hygiene. All our members receive regular information, training, and factsheets to ensure their practices and knowledge is always maintained to premium standards.
To become and stay a Member of the WHA, Members must
adhere to the following Codes of Practice:
• Bottled Water Code of Practice
• Plumbed-in Code of Practice
• Code of Advertising & Conduct
It is highly recommended that consumers use WHA distributors for their water
supply. Water is a food product, so strict standards and rigorous water testing
are vital to ensure an unimpeachable product:
• WHA Members must undertake and maintain specific industry staff training
• WHA Members must undergo strict annual, mandatory audits
• The audits assess compliance to both legislative standards and WHA
guidelines to ensure that the highest standards of hygiene and safety of
drinking water are adhered to
• All audits are carried out by recognised industry professionals
Copies of the WHA Guidelines can be obtained from the Secretariat on request.
Failure to adhere to the Codes and passing annual audits can result in termination