Training, Standards & Audits
Training is a mainstay of membership and an integral part of the Association annual audits
Training courses are run both regionally and in-house for Members only.
Courses available to Members are:
WHA Hygiene Awareness
Essential to meet legal obligations
Distribution Management to WHA Standards for Distribution Depot Managers & Supervisors
Helps members to meet the WHA distributor standards
WHA Bottling Plant Operators
Vital to keep standards at ultimate level
WHA Mains-fed Installation Standards & WRAS Course
Correct installation procedures & legal requirement.
WHA Crisis Management
You just don't know until you've been on the course
WHA Qualified Advisors Course
Making the staff of WHA members the most knowledgeable in the industry
WHA POU Customer Excellence Course
All about giving great service in the POU sector for all those involved in sales, installation & customer support.
Standards & Audits
To become and stay a Member of the WHA Members must follow the following Codes of Practice:
- Bottled Water Code of Practice
- Plumbed-in Code of Practice
- Code of Advertising & Conduct
It is highly recommended that consumers use WHA distributors for their water supply. Water is a food product, so strict standards and rigorous water testing are vital to ensure an unimpeachable product:
- WHA Members must undertake and maintain specific industry staff training
- WHA Members must undergo strict annual, mandatory audits
- The audits assess compliance to both legislative standards and WHA guidelines to ensure that the highest standards of hygiene and safety of drinking water are adhered to
- All audits are carried out by recognised third party expert organisations
Copies of the WHA Guidelines can be obtained from the Secretariat on request.
Failure to adhere to the Codes and passing annual audits can result in termination of Membership.