As a leading trade association in the hydration sector, the WHA takes its responsibility to its Members and their customers very seriously. As well as receiving updates, Members have been advised to be vigilant and ensure they consult UK Government, NHS and WHO websites regularly to keep updated on this fast-moving situation when information and advice is changing on a daily basis.
Customers are encouraged to:
- add additional regular sanitisations of water dispense points using sanitisation wipes or spray.
- practice good personal hygiene by washing hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- regularly wipe-down often-touched surfaces with alcohol wipes
Member Operatives are encouraged to:
- practice social distancing – ensure there is at least 2 metres between them and other people
- when entering customer premises, wear gloves to reduce risk of contracting virus from surfaces
- remove gloves, use hand sanitiser (at least 60% alcohol) and re-glove with fresh gloves before attending to the dispenser
- don’t allow others to touch their work equipment
All are advised to avoid:
- attending work if they feel unwell
- touching their eyes, nose or mouth if their hands are not clean
- people who are unwell
- large gatherings within the work-space